Problem with group chat

Oct 30, 2014 at 3:18 PM
Hello,

I have gotten the widget working with single user and group chat for one group, but not another. When I use the client sample website configured for one of the groups, I get the presence and can chat with one of the users. If i configure the site to use the other group, I do not see the presence get displayed and looking at the HTML, the presenceItemContainer does not seem to have all of the information.

My ADGroups.config file looks like this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<activedirectoryGroups root="OU=TAP Users,DC=tap,DC=pharma,DC=aventis,DC=com" timetowait="2" huntgroupquantity="2">
  <Groups>
    <Group id="testdistributiongroup" name="Lync 2013 Users" distinguishedname="CN=Lync 2013 Users,OU=Groups,OU=TAP Users,DC=tap,DC=pharma,DC=aventis,DC=com" timetowait="2" huntgroupquantity="1">
      <Members>
        <Member sip="sip:Paul.Vieira@sanofi-aventis.net" priority="1" />
        <Member sip="sip:Michael.Eyre@sanofi-aventis.net" priority="1" />
      </Members>
    </Group>
    <Group id="ctcgroup1" name="CTC_Test_Group1" distinguishedname="CN=CTC_Test_Group1,OU=Groups,OU=TAP Users,DC=tap,DC=pharma,DC=aventis,DC=com" timetowait="2" huntgroupquantity="1">
      <Members>
        <Member sip="sip:CTC_User1@sanofi-aventis.net" priority="1" />
        <Member sip="sip:CTC_User2@sanofi-aventis.net" priority="1" />
      </Members>
    </Group>
  </Groups>
</activedirectoryGroups>
"testdistributiongroup" works, but "ctcgroup1" does not. I don't know if how the AD group is setup is the problem or if there is something wrong with the configuration.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.