Lync Widget throwing JQuery Error in initChat on chat.htm

Jun 11, 2012 at 7:35 AM

Have followed and configured the Widget as per the installation document. We are getting the following error while trying to intiate the chat using the following

function ChatOpener()
{
var newwindow = window.open('chat.htm?employeeSip=abdcd@xyz.com&employeeName=Guest User'  , "", menubar=no,location=no,resizable=no,scrollbars=no,status=no');
}

Where abdcd@xyz.com is valid user and avaliable in Lync and xyz is the domain , this method is added to index.html, the chat.htm opens with a welcome message and when responding to that message getting the following error.

Pradeep
12:8
Hello, what's your name?
hi
12:8
hi
Error: Ajax error :parsererror / jQuery16107745547912434461_1339396734904 was not called
Pradeep S V N
12:9
Hi hi, how can I help?

Error: Ajax error :parsererror / jQuery16107745547912434461_1339396734904 was not called

Verified the server logs nothing is return in the logs. In IIS the service pool settings Enable 32 Bit application is set to True, if it is set to false I am getting following in service error log

Lync.Widget.Service.Global [(null)] - Unhandled exception {0}
System.ServiceModel.ServiceActivationException: The service '/service.svc' cannot be activated due to an exception during compilation.  The exception message is: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'SIPEPS, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
   at Microsoft.Rtc.Collaboration.CollaborationPlatformSettings..ctor(String applicationUserAgent,

Jun 11, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Hi pradeepmsnet,

Check that your service url is correct in chat.htm and is identical to the service url you have in your index.htm.

Jun 13, 2012 at 7:37 AM

Thank you  mbernard , cross verified in both places the URI given is same , but still I get the same error.

URI is given using IP address of the WCF hosted server like  https://192.168.5.29/LyncWSSrv/Service.svc

Jun 13, 2012 at 4:43 PM

I've run into this problem before, but I don't quite remember what I changed to fix it.  I don't think using the IP address makes a difference.  I know that I ended up publishing the Service directly to the site so instead of having it in a folder it was https://192.168.5.29/Service.svc.  Also do you have service account you created in the web.config as the chat user? and the application end point as the trusted contact uri?