Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Media' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

Mar 19, 2012 at 1:37 AM

I believe that I have everything setup correctly.  I followed the instructions and things went pretty well.  When I load the web page from the web server i get the framed contact with the email, chat and phone icons but no contact information.

The one thing that I wasn't real sure about was compiling the project.  I am not a developer.

I opened the lync.widget project in Visual Studio 2010, selected the lync.widget.service from the solutions explorer and clicked build solution.  After that I published it to the folder on the web server.

I am getting the following error when the web server tries to connect to the lync app server.

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Media' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

The information I have found about this error is related to 32 vs 64 bit DLL's.  The Dll's that are in the project are the one's being used.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jeremy

Mar 20, 2012 at 2:51 PM

I have gotten rid of the Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Media error by removing the DLL's from the BIN directory.  This is what my Bin directory looks like now.

The website loads but I do not get any results from the contact look up.  My results from fiddler do not have any errors but I do not know if it is pulling any information from the Lync App server.

Any thoughts?

Oct 10, 2012 at 10:17 AM

I am facing the same problem. 

Has anyone been able to solve this problem?

Dec 13, 2012 at 1:26 PM

You have to set Enable 32-bit Applications = True, under Advanced Settings on Your Application Pool through Internet Information Services (IIS). This code are made for x86 but the default for a new Application Pool is x64.

Feb 26, 2013 at 7:45 PM
Problem with setting it to enable 32 bit is then you get the SIPES errors.

I wish someone from orbitone could chime in here.
Feb 27, 2013 at 6:30 AM
Feb 28, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Right, remove the *rtc.dll ...(according to your link)

Is that what you mean? We got that already. If you are implying some other solution, let us know.