Have you implemented this project on your site? We'd love to include you in our blog posts! Please contact Thomas through chat/email if you can help us with an URL or screenshot of your implementation.
The Lync Presence widget shows Lync presence information on your website. Website visitors can start chat conversations using the Lync Chat widget. The widgets are jQuery plugins communicating with a WCF Service. Place them on any kind of website (PHP, .NET)
and style with CSS.
- Fully customizable styling: The client is simply HTML/JS/CSS so very easy to skin.
- Deployable on any website using any technology: No ASP.NET required at the client side.
Feel free to start a chat conversation. You might be interested in chatting with
Thomas Stock (the main developer of the Lync Widgets) or Olivier Mangelschots (the managing director of Orbit One).
A lot of people think they are talking to a bot. The first 2 questions ("What's your name?" and "How can I help you?") are indeed a bot, after that it's all flesh and bones.
Please be aware I (Thomas) get about 10 support requests daily. We are a commercial company and we made this widget as a showcase. We cannot afford to give everybody extended technical support. Therefore, please
follow these guidelines when contacting us:
- We will do our best to help you when you contact us about installation problem but please,
first post your question in the Issue Tracker or Discussions page so that you can refer to it.
- I (Thomas) will give a maximum of 5 minutes of free technical support. Please make sure you have
specific questions. Unfortunately I have to direct the many daily "How I install this plz do it for me" requests to the Discussions forum on Codeplex.
- We have always time to get some praise or hear about what you did with the widget. :-)
Lync Presence Widget
Lync Chat Widget
Minimal code example
Displays user name and status; no image; default timer
This project makes use of the following open source projects:
These people helped improving the documentation and/or Installation Guide:
- Merijn de Bekker (Waterschap Aa en Maas)
Orbit One is a full-service solution provider located in Ghent, Belgium.
We are specialised in the development of websites and web applications using Microsoft.NET, SharePoint, Umbraco, Dynamics CRM and Lync technologies.